If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (716) 674-1103

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What is wind and hail insurance?

8/4/2022 (Permalink)

In the United States, the most common and frequent homeowners claim is not simple water damage: it's wind and hail coverage.

Here in Western New York, you might find that surprising. While we definitely have strong winds, we don't see much hail, and you don't often see people putting in claims for wind and hail.

So what is wind and hail insurance? And why are these claims so frequent?

Wind and hail insurance can go by many names: windstorm insurance, hurricane insurance and even tornado insurance.

Much like flood insurance, it is usually a separate type of coverage distinct from your run-of-the-mill homeowners policy.

But if you live on or near a coast, wind and hail coverage is a necessity. It may even be required as a stipulation to getting a mortgage.

After all, imagine if you didn't have wind and hail coverage and a major hurricane blew through. Your entire home could be destroyed, and you could be left paying the bill out of pocket. 

Other News

View Recent Posts