Advanced Technology and Techniques
The Restoration & Mitigation Industry has seen several advances over the years. These advances allow us to restore your home and belongs faster, more efficiently and effectively. SERVPRO of West Seneca/Lancaster makes sure we stay on top of these advances constantly. Whether it is a new application in technology that allows our technicians to complete forms and information on an iPad while out in the field. Or, a new piece of equipment that will extract water faster and more efficiently. These technological advances are important to us here at SERVPRO of West Seneca/Lancaster, and we are constantly updating our technicians on how to implement them in the field.
One recent advance that we are particularly excited to talk about it our ability to now offer in house Textile Restoration. This means that we are now able to clean and restore up to 90% of soft goods and textiles in a home. That is twice as much as a Restoration Dry-cleaner, and gives you only one point of contact for all your fire & water restoration needs. More impressively, we can clean those damaged items in as little as 48 hours. That’s 48 hours closer to making it, “Like it never even happened." So when our technicians show up on scene, you can be sure that they are up to date with the latest and greatest technologies to help get you back to your preloss condition.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.